- Delivery: Design Bid Build
- Service: New Construction
- Location: FLETC Campus, Artesia, NM
- Construction Cost: $18,465,502
- Industry: Federal
- Client: Department of Homeland Security
NASCO simultaneously constructed four separate building structures totaling 74,696 sf for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) on their Artesia, New Mexico campus.
- Multi-Activity Complex building: 31,000 sf, two-story building
- Language Arts Building: 31,825 sf, single-story building.
- Detention Center: 5,211 sf, single-story
- Armory: 6,660 sf, single story
All four buildings required site preparation, including grading, utility work, interior architectural and structural, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical installations necessary to provide complete and usable facilities. HVAC system installations included Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and networked Direct Digital Control (DDC) Systems for standalone control in compliance with ASHRAE 135 for energy management and facility automation. The buildings were designed to meet or exceed ASHRAE 90.1 Energy Standards for Buildings. All windows were certified to meet the requirements of the DOE Energy Star Windows Program and Energy Star appliances were purchased for installation.